Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Cuddle Up With Jesus (by Carolyn Marshall)

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
(Matthew 11:28-30)

(Circulated via email - Photographer Unknown)
Have you ever wanted to just run away, to leave the world behind, to crawl up in the lap of Jesus and cuddle with Him? This picture is a beautiful reminder of how simple it is to do.  How wonderful it would be to sit there and lay our head on His shoulder. We wouldn’t need to say a word as Jesus wrapped His arms around us. We would feel His love in those intimate moments with Him. Without speaking, He would let us know just how much He loves us and that every tiny detail of our lives is under His control. How awesome is that!

In Matthew 11:28-30, Jesus invites all of us who are weary or burdened to come to Him and He will give us rest - body, mind and soul. We should all follow the example of this trusting dog and seek comfort in the lap of Jesus. Oh, and by the way … the breed of the dog is a German “Shepherd”!


No comments:

Post a Comment