Thursday, April 28, 2011

God Is My Pilot (by Carolyn Marshall)

Sometimes, our lives are so full of ourselves that there is no room for God. It seems as if we are on auto-pilot for self-destruction. There is too much work to do, too many places to go, too many people to see and help, and so little time to do it all. We put a self-imposed label on ourselves as superman or superwoman and head off to conquer our world. In doing that, we get in God's way of what He is trying to do in and through us.

We stifle God's purpose for our life by asking Him to be our "co-pilot". You've all probably seen the bumper stickers and other things out there with the saying "God is my co-pilot". That is where we get into trouble. I don't want God to be my co-pilot. I want Him to be in total control of my life. That is the only way I can serve Him fully, and it is the only way He can manifest His love in my life to its full capacity.

I was sorting through some things in my office today, and I came across a little card my mother sent me a long time ago. All it had on it was The Prayer Of The Chalice, but it is so powerful. Although you have probably read it many times before, please take the time to read through it again now. Copy the prayer and put it somewhere you can see it daily. We need to always be focused on our Lord and let Him be in control. He has so much love to give us, so many blessings to lavish on us, and so many ways for us to share Him with others. We just have to let Him.



©2011 Carolyn Marshall, Living Life Photography

The Prayer Of The Chalice
(Francis Nuttall)

Father, to Thee I raise my whole being - a vessel emptied
of self. Accept, Lord, this my emptiness, and so fill me
with Thyself - Thy Light, Thy Love, Thy Life - that
these Thy precious gifts may radiate through me
and overflow the chalice of my heart into the hearts
of all with whom I come in contact this day revealing
unto them the beauty of Thy Joy and Wholeness and
the serenity of Thy Peace which nothing can destroy.



No comments:

Post a Comment