Monday, September 27, 2010

In The Center Of His Will (by Margaret Duran)

“If anyone chooses to do God's will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own. He who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself, but he who works for the honor of the one who sent him is a man of truth. There is nothing false about him.” John 7:17-18 (NIV)

© 2010 Carolyn Marshall, Living Life Photography
Now, I would say that doing God's will and being in the center of His will is most important if we want to be successful in our walk with Jesus. If we are not in the center of His will, we miss His plan for our lives completely. Many times, our will fights against His will because we are not totally surrendered. This takes time. As we grow in His grace, little by little, and as we place our dependence on Him, we relinquish our will over to Jesus. Then we experience freedom, joy and peace and the knowledge that whatever happens will definitely be for our good.

If you have made a mess of your life, as did I, you would be happy to give your will over to Him. As a matter of fact, I begged Him to take it from me. All authority is His, and I allow Him total control. Many have said, “Well, God gave you a brain to use, so use it.” Yes, thank God, He gave us a brain to know where all wisdom lies, but will we recognize that? I have found that when I am in the center of His will, I am the happiest.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Carolyn, this is such good encouragement and I believe that our God will use it to speak to many of His children. I know you seek to do only His will. To even speak in His name is weighty.I know so many people don't know anyone to even speak to, and I pray God will speak to them and direct them right to the center of His will. I'm so happy to see your new blog.Our God be praised!

Unknown said...

I was searching to say exactly what was on my heart concerning your new blog and here it is--I found it! "We ask God to give you complete knowledge of His will and to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding. Then the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and your lives will produce every kind of good fruit. All the while, you will grow as you learn to know God better and betters." (Colossians 1:9-10)

His Healing Word said...

Thank you for your comments, Shirley, and I know they came from your heart. We are all on a mission here, even if we don't know it. God has a plan for all of our lives. Even if we can't see the specifics of it, we can take the steps one at a time and have full confidence He will guide us - because He promised He would! Getting the "forward motion" is usually the hardest part. But once we start moving, it is awesome what God will do through us. "Oh, the JOY that fills my heart, when I trust GOD and do my part!"

Post a Comment