Thursday, September 30, 2010

Let's Dance! (by Carolyn Marshall)

We all get a lot of email forwards in our mailbox, I know I do. A lot of it isn’t of any use so it gets put in the trash pretty quickly. But, occasionally, a message comes through that really makes you think; one that blesses your heart and makes you smile and say “thank you, Lord!” The following was one of those messages that I received. I would love to give credit to the writer, but there wasn’t a name attached to it. So, if you’re reading this and know who wrote it, please leave a comment for me so that proper credit can be given. In the meantime, I hope this gives you a smile in your heart and causes you to lift your eyes to Jesus with Joy!

© 2010 Carolyn Marshall, Living Life Photography
“Guidance . . . When I meditated on the word GUIDANCE, I kept seeing "dance" at the end of the word. I remember reading that doing God's will is a lot like dancing. When two people try to lead, nothing feels right. The movement doesn't flow with the music, and everything is quite uncomfortable and jerky. When one person realizes and lets the other lead, both bodies begin to flow with the music. One gives gentle cues, perhaps with a nudge to the back or by pressing lightly in one direction or another. It's as if two become one body, moving beautifully. The dance takes surrender, willingness, and attentiveness from one person and gentle guidance and skill from the other. My eyes drew back to the word GUIDANCE. When I saw "G," I thought of God, followed by "u" and "i."  "God, "u" and "i" dance – God, you, and I dance!" This statement is what guidance means to me. As I lowered my head, I became willing to trust that I would get guidance about my life. Once again, I became willing to let God lead. My prayer for you today is that God's blessings and mercies be upon you and your family on this day and everyday. May you abide in Him as He abides in you. Dance together with God, trusting Him to lead and to guide you through each season of your life. Prayer is one of the best gifts we can receive, so let’s continue to pray for one another. I hope you dance!”

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your photography is incredible! I just pray others will see it and appreciate it also.
Dancing with the Lord touches me personally because He and I do dance, not because of me, but because of His leading!. How does one describe a dance with Jesus!! Only those who have taken the plunge of faith and have experienced it can know the joy of dancing with our Lord.

Post a Comment