Monday, October 4, 2010

Are We Falling Away? (by Margaret Duran)

“We have much to say about this, but it is hard to explain because you are slow to learn. In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God’s word all over again. But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.” Hebrews 5:11-12, 14 (NIV)

© 2010 Carolyn Marshall, Living Life Photography
So often the cares of this life become more important than our relationship with Jesus and we become stagnant. We fail to grow and we are out of God’s will. It takes quality time with Jesus daily to grow and become disciples able to teach others the way to salvation. It is my hope that the following poem will touch your heart and bring you back to your first love for Jesus.

Determined To Hear God’s Voice

Please meet me in the garden, Lord,
That peaceful, quiet place,
And let me linger on Your lap
To gaze upon Your face.

I long to hear Your gentle voice,
Soft whispers in my ear;
With loving tugs upon my heart,
I feel You draw me near.

Too many times, in weakened state,
I let the world close in,
When all I ever need to do
Is trust my one true Friend.

Surrendered heart I give You, Lord,
And wait on bended knees,
Determined now to hear Your voice,
O God, please speak to me.

(© 12/08/09 Carolyn L. Marshall)



No comments:

Post a Comment