Monday, October 11, 2010

Reward For Obedience (by Margaret Duran)

©2010 Carolyn Marshall, Living Life Photography






“Because he loves me, says the Lord, I will rescue him; I will protect him, for He acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation.”       Psalm 91:14-16 (NIV)







God's gift to us for our obedience, worship and praise is so great. When we make time to sit alone with Jesus, there are great rewards that we know not of. Here are just a few of the many ways we are blessed:

Ø      Peace that passes all understanding;
Ø      Joy that fills our hearts to overflowing;
Ø      Rivers of living water will flow through and from us to everyone we meet;
Ø      Financial needs are met;
Ø      Our life begins to come together.

When we love someone, we want time alone with them, and so does Jesus. We must show Him that we love Him through our obedience.

 “This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, for everyone born of God overcomes the world.” 1 John 5:3 NIV

Our purpose in life is to give Him love and praise. That is why He created us … a real, personal relationship. It's time now to test our hearts because Jesus is coming again. Will our lamps be filled with oil so we will be ready when the Bridegroom comes?

No comments:

Post a Comment